Dec 6, 2013

[Resolved] Eclipse 4.3.1 has no PHP perspective after PDT installed

Last night I installed Eclipse 4.3.1 on my iMac under ubuntu 13.10, all good till I found that no matter how I tried, Eclipse wouldn't show out the PHP perspective. The PHP perspective even did not exist in Window->Open Perspective->Other... dialogue.

This made me a bit crazy.

However, finally, here is the dramatic end of the story.

After struggling with uninstall/reinstall several versions of several plugins, and searched online, no luck though. But one thread made me thought about the permission of the path I installed Eclipse, /opt/eclipse.

Then I entered in plugins folder in that path, no PDT plugin found there, and no CDT plugin I installed for testing either. Then this came to a 99 percent fact that it was a permission issue.

Think I could install PDT again under sudo executing eclipse, but I chose another way, installed another eclipse 4.3.1 in user folder this time, ~/ide/eclipse, where I have full privilege.

And the ending was happy.

Although it was my stupid, and this story maybe not worth telling, but considering I almost gave it up, and there was not any really helpful clue online, so I tell it out here.

Cheers and good night~~

No comments:

Post a Comment